Happy May 4th to all my Star Wars watching friends! My Dad's Star Wars VHS box set sat on the TV stand since as long as I could remember - along with the Titanic TWO tape box set because a three-hour movie couldn't fit on one so you had to change the tape midway through. Kids today will never know the horror. I digress...
He was a big George Lucas fan and in a galaxy not-so-far-away lives my Star Wars watching nerd husband who still buys tickets to the midnight screening of the newest flicks.
I, admittedly, am not the biggest sci-fi fan (although a nerd in other regards) - but I do appreciate all the woke speak from Yoda, the best fictional guru of our time so I've compiled a few of my favorite Yoda quotes that all us young Jedis can learn from:
“You fail because you don’t believe.”
- Let's take one out of the Jedi Master Training Handbook and all start believing a little bit more in ourselves, capeesh? If we really believe we can then anything is possible.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
- As you've read in Perfection is 'Fear' in High Heeled Shoes, Fear is a Bitch. If history has taught us anything, it's that fear has led to wars, racism, sexism, agism (and everything in between). If we live in acceptance than we can love ourselves and each other.
“Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.”
- I have said this every single time I've ever started a diet: "I'm trying to lose weight..." and maybe you've said that a time or 2. After many failed diets in my life, I've learned that the little green man is right, either you're in it to win it or you're not. Saying 'try' only gives us a way out of committing.
"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose"
- Have you guys ever seen that LetGo commercial where the person is hanging from a cliff and holding on to a disco ball because they're afraid to let it go? I am the disco ball hugger but there is truth in letting go to move forward and really appreciate what I have.
“May the Force be with you.”
- This May the 4th realize that the power in inside you! The universe has your back, girl so go out there and be the bad ass lady Jedi that you are!